- This event has passed.
Ecopreneurs for the Climate 2016
October 25, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Access our conclusion report here.
GreenBuzz Berlin has the honor to organize this year´s #ECO4CLIM16 Innovation Lab and Climate Champion Award in Berlin together with UnternehmensGrün and invites you to participate.
In the lead-up to the Climate Change Summit in Marrakech (COP22), Ecopreneurs for the Climate 2016, a global week of green business climate movements, is happening in cities, towns and communities around the world. ECO4CLIM16 contributes by empowering ecopreneurs to provide communities with sound business solutions to strengthen green economy ecosystems and business networks around them.
How to Participate:
Please register on eventbrite above to confirm your participation in the event. Participation is limited to 80 people, so be quick! 🙂 That means that you get involved in real life climate challenges in Berlin and you can witness the Climate Champion awards from innovative & aspiring entrepreneurs.
The event will revolve around two key parts:
CLIMATE INNOVATION LABS
Ecopreneurs, green companies, civil society organizations, and other key stakeholders, will come together to identify local climate challenges and outline inspiring sustainable business solutions to address them in different workshop formats.
We are excited about our fantastic labs:
1) How to make urban sustainable mobility more attractive for the common mass?
Lead: Isabell Eberlein and Sarah Hoffmann, PR & Cooperation @naturtrip.org
In the Climate Innovation Lab we want to discuss the barriers of urban sustainable mobility (public transport, bikes and shared mobility) and possible solutions to a shift in transport behavior. Hereby, naturtrip serves as one illustrative example.
2) Raising a greater social movement for cleaning the Spree
Lead: Ana Shalin Stoeckermann, Coordinator @Flussbad Berlin e.V.
The challenge addresses the question how Flussbad Berlin can become a greater social movement, e.g. through new communication strategies and action plans. This is important to finally succeed in realizing our vision of clean fresh water in the Spree (canal).
3) Positive impact of cycling on the environment, air quality and noise (in German)
Lead: Yvonne Hagenbach, Social and Communication Economist, Founder Lesotre®, Activist @Netzwerk Fahrradfreundliches Neukölln
In the challenge, participants will come up with new business ideas to develop 1–3 exemplary business concepts, in which environmental impacts play a large role.
4) Catalyzing climate action of civil society in Berlin
Lead: Karen Wohlert, Co-Founder @Das Baumhaus Berlin
What if neighbors, changemakers and social-ecological projects in Berlin would pledge to contribute to a common project: decarbonizing their own city by 2050? A lab to discuss and co-create “COB1”, a local climate think tank parallel to COP22 to start the process.
5) Yoga & Sustainability
Lead: Salomé Laloum-Gaultier, co-founder of FYC (French Yoga Collective)
FYC hosts events around yoga and the sustainable lifestyle with two goals: making yoga fun and accessible & raising awareness about sustainability by partnering with sustainable brands and organisations. They want to bring the concept to Berlin and need your help!
6) Climate Innovation in your neighbourhood
Lead: Carolin Kruse, Board Member @GreenBuzz Berlin
The goal is to transport climate innovation further to our neighbourhoods in Berlin. We aim to create regular “climathons” and want to develop detailed ideas on topics and target groups with you. Also, we are looking for potential partners.
CLIMATE CHAMPION AWARDS
Eight pre-selected ecopreneurs and green SMEs will pitch their projects, products, or services, to an expert jury and a diverse audience. Prizes include interviews by international media, mentoring by sponsors, and the participation in the COP22 Summit for one global winner. Applications are now closed.
We are looking forward to our experienced jury:
- Christian Huder, Founder of Innovation with Energy @innergy.berlin / innogy
- Florinn Bareth, Co-founder and Editor-in-chief @heads up! Magazine
- Hans Leo Bader, Board Member @Deutsche Umweltstiftung/ EcoCrowd
- Juliane Reiber, Cooperation Manager @UnternehmensGrün e.V.
- Marco Blumendorf CTO @SmartB Energy Management GmbH / GreenBuzz Berlin e.V.
If you are interested in further collaboration opportunities, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Comments after the event ***
We are very happy to announce the winners of our Climate Champion Awards…
- 1st prize: OEEX
- [Peer-to-peer marketplace to connect regional energy producers, energy suppliers and customers in a smart energy community to share and trade their energy for better efficiencies and use of local renewable energies.]
- 2nd prize: Breeze
- [Provides air quality data, insights and recommendations to increase workforce health and productivity and to create a baseline for smart cities to measure the effect of ongoing citizen wellbeing projects.]
- 3rd prize: Sharecy
- [Non-profit organisation which empowers food saving all over the world – Through an efficient matching per app, food businesses can save resources, CO2 emissions and money.]
- And Fresh Square [The only “smart garden” project that grows veggies in an organic soil, complying with the organic regulation at home.]
- Audience prize: Fresh Square
…and want to thank all other great ecopreuneurs, innovation lab leads, partners and jury members for the amazing event!